Transfer news LIVE | Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest rumours and gossip
Thursday, July 11
- Bruno Fernandes is waiting for Manchester United to agree terms with Sporting Lisbon
- Mauricio Pochettino is serious about bringing Dani Ceballos to Tottenham
- But Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wants to sign him on a permanent basis
- Crystal Palace unveiled their new away kit today – but Wilfried Zaha wasn’t there
16:45 UPDATE: Done Deal – Berry signs
Barcelona have beaten PSG to the signing of one of England’s brightest talents in 16-year-old striker Louie Barry from West Brom.
Barry underwent a medical with French Ligue 1 champions PSG before Barcelona stepped in at the last minute and convinced him to join the ranks at La Masia.
Barry, who turned 16 last month, signed a three-year deal with Barcelona until 2022 and will play for their Under-19 team while West Brom will receive £235,000k in compensation.
“(Barry) is an international with the English Under-16 team, for whom he has played nine games and scored seven goals. Next season he will be part of Barca’s Under-19 squad,” Barcelona said in a statement.
16:30 UPDATE: Steven Bergwijn interest
Manchester United have been handed a transfer blow after reports in Germany claimed Bayern Munich have entered the race for PSV sensation Steven Bergwijn.
Bergwijn, 21, is one of the most sought-after wingers in Europe and United are one of a number of clubs said to be interested in signing him this summer.
And Bild claim Bayern are the latest club to declare their interest as they go in search of replacements for Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.
Manchester City star Leroy Sane is understood to be their top target but their efforts to take him back to Germany have so far come to nothing.
The 23-year-old would cost around £90million and Bergwijn could represent a slightly cheaper alternative with previous reports valuing him at closer to £40m.
16:15 UPDATE: Bruno Fernandes agreement
Bruno Fernandes is waiting for Manchester United to agree terms with Sporting Lisbon.
The Portuguese international is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top midfielder target having netted 20 goals in 33 Primeira League appearances and provided a further 13 assists.
And Gazzetta dello Sport reporter Nicolo Schirra says he is keen to push a move through.
“The first Bruno Fernandes’ choice remain Manchester United,” he wrote on Twitter. “He is waiting for the agreement between Red Devils and Sporting.”
It’s claimed Manchester United have offered £35million for his services – but Sporting are holding out for nearly double that figure.
16:00 UPDATE: Spurs wary of Liverpool
Mauricio Pochettino is serious about bringing Dani Ceballos to north London, but Liverpool are also in contention according to reports in Spain.
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has not including Ceballos in his plans for the new season.
And according to Sport – Mauricio Pochettino has asked Tottenham chiefs to work on completing a deal for Ceballos.
A loan switch is most likely, with the 22-year-old keen on returning to Real Madrid for a second crack at the whip after a full season with regular game time.
The same report states that Liverpool are also interested in a move for Ceballos.
15:45 UPDATE: Where’s Wilfried?
Crystal Palace unveiled their new away kit today.
But Arsenal target Wilfried Zaha was nowhere to be seen.
The Gunners are desperate to sign the attacker but are struggling to meet his £80million valuation.
One possible reason for his absence could be his participation in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with the Ivory Coast – but that hasn’t dampened speculation about his future.