The former President was removed by the social media giant in the wake of the January 6 storming of the US Capitol building. Earlier this afternoon Facebook announced that Mr Trump’s appeal to have his account reinstated has been denied. However US reporter Mark Stone told Sky News viewers that the decision of the Facebook oversight board has not completely silenced Mr Trump, who “still as a message” that resonates with his “many followers.”
Mr Stone said: “He is clearly a man frustrated that he is not able to use social media in the way that he was once able to.
“That for the time being at least will be the case certainly with Facebook and Instagram.
“But those press releases show that this is a man who still has a message to get out there.
“Remember that half the country almost 74 million people voted for Donald Trump.”
The reporter added: “He believes they still want to hear from him, he wants that message out there.
“He is in the process we are holding of setting up his own social media platforms.”
Donald Trump gained almost 60 million followers across both Facebook and Instagram before both accounts were frozen.
The former Republic President was hit with an “indefinite” suspension on January 7, one day after his supports forced their way into the Congressional buildings in Washington DC demanding the 2020 US election result be overturned.
Former Lib Dem leader and now Facebook VP of Communications Nick Clegg released a statement following the Oversight boards verdict.
He said “As we stated in January, we believe our decision was necessary and right, and we’re pleased the board has recognized that the unprecedented circumstances justified the exceptional measure we took.
“We will now consider the board’s decision and determine an action that is clear and proportionate.
“In the meantime, Mr. Trump’s accounts remain suspended.”