Products You May Like
Cold Weather Payments will be paid to thousands of families as the weather plummets below zero degrees. A £25 Cold Weather Payment for eligible people has been triggered in more than 300 postcode districts. The money goes to people on low incomes who receive certain benefits. Most people should receive the cash automatically.
The DWP has told Express.co.uk the full list of postcodes triggered this week are:
December 5, 2022
- Redesdale- CA9, DH8, NE19, NE47-49
- Shap – CA10-12, CA16-17, LA8-10, LA21-23
- Yeovilton – BA4-10, BA16, BA20-22, BS25-28, DT9-10, SP8, TA1-20, TA23
- Benson – HP5-23, HP27, OX9,OX10,OX33, OX39,OX44, OX49, RG9, SL7-9
- Bingley- BB4, BB8-12, BB18, BD1-22, HD3, HD7-9, HX1-7, LS21, LS29, OL13-14, S36
- Exeter Airport – EX1-12, EX24, TQ1-6, TQ9, TQ12, TQ14
- Libanus – NP4, NP11-13, NP22-24, NP44, SA9
- Rochdale – L0-9, M24, M26, OL1-12, OL15-16,SK15
- Rostherne – CW4, CW6-11, M1-9, M11-23, M25, M27-35, M38, M40-41, M43-46, M50, M90, PR7, SK1-12, SK14, SK16, WA1-16, WN1-8
- Trawsgoed – LL35-40, SY20, SY23-25
December 6, 2022
- Albemarie – DH1-7, DH9, DL4-5, DL14-17, NE1-13, NE15-18, NE20-21, NE23, NE25-46, SR1-7, TS21, TS28-29
- Almondsbury – BS1-11, BS13-16, BS20-24, BS29-32, BS34-37, BS39-41, BS48-49, GL11-13, NP16, NP26
- Bainbridge – BD23-24, DL8, DL11-13
- Carlise – CA1-8, DG12, DG16
- Coleshill – B1-21, B23-38, B40, B42-50, B60-80, B90-98, CV1-12, CV21-23, CV31-35, CV3 CV47, DY1-14, LE10, WS1-15, WV1-16
- Hereford – GL1-6, GL10, GL14-20, GL50-53, HR1-9, NP7-8, NP15, NP25, SY8, WR1-11, WR13-15
- Keele – CW1-3, CW5, CW 12, ST1-8, ST11-12, ST14-21
- Leek Thorncliffe – DE4, DE45, S32-33, SK13, SK17, SK22-23, ST9-10, ST13
- Little Rissington – CV36, GL54-56, OX7, OX15-17, WR12
- Llysdinam – LD1-2, LD4-8, SA19-20, SY7, SY9, SY18
- Pembury Sands – SA1-8, SA14-18, SA31-34, SA61-63, SA66-73
- Shawbury – SY1-6, SY11-13, TF1-13
- Stonyhurst – BB1-3, BB5-7, LA2, LA6-7, PR6
- Stowe – NN1-7 NN11-13, MK18
- Walney Island – LA1, LA3-5, LA11-20
- Westonbirt – BA1-3, BA11, BA13-15, GL7-9, RG17, SN1-6, SN8-16, SN25-26
- Woburn – MK1-17, MK19, MK40-46, NN8-10, NN29, PE19, SG5-7, SG15-19
If someone does not receive their Cold Weather Payment but they think they should have, the Government suggests they contact the Pension Service or Jobcentre Plus.
If someone is getting Universal Credit, they should sign in to their account and add a note to their journal.
If someone does not have an online account, they can ring the Universal Credit helpline instead. The phone number is on letters about their Universal Credit claim.
A DWP spokesperson said: “These additional payments provide support every year to help people experiencing the coldest weather.
“Cold Weather Payments can be triggered right through to the end of March, giving people facing disproportionately cold weather that extra reassurance over the chillier months.
“We’re committed to protecting the most vulnerable in our society and this additional help comes on top of wider Government support including £1,200 in direct payments already issued to millions of low-income households this year.
“Alongside this, we’re providing all households with £400 towards their energy bills this winter, with our Energy Price Guarantee saving the typical household another £900 on top of this.”