Products You May Like
A father-of-two died after getting trapped in a spa when a blaze tore through a hotel in Morocco.
Rescuers were unable to save the man in his 40s. He died from smoke inhalation at the five-star Jaal Riad Resort in Marrakech. A worker who was trapped also died.
The dead Briton was on holiday with friends when the fire broke out at the £200-a-night hotel on Wednesday.
A source said: “It was truly horrific. His friends have had to break the news to his family. We are all heartbroken.”
The Jaal Riad Resort’s website boasts of a 3,000 square-metre wellness space on three floors, “because it is important to take care of you”.
A hotel spokesperson confirmed a guest had died but said: “We can’t comment further because of an ongoing investigation.”
The Foreign Office and British consulate in Morocco are believed to be supporting the family.